Tekfor is a precision automotive supplier that manufactures powertrain components. We have a 200-employee high volume forging & machining manufacturing plant. Tekfor components are in millions of vehicles currently on the road and our footprint continues to expand. Our sole US facility is modest in size where everyone knows everyone and we are a profitable, successful business, which is growing to meet customer needs.
Process and manufacturing engineering expert for new machines and product launches – CNC lathes/mills/drills/grinders, balancers, broaches, hobbing machines, etc. Specifies orders and oversees run-off, installation, and operational implementation, including machine safety, of all new manufacturing equipment.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a machining manufacturing environment, and/or machining process design including programming
- S. Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in high volume automotive operations preferred, Tier 1 experience also preferred
- Working knowledge of PLC; Fanuc, Universal and collaborative robots preferred.
- Strong record of accomplishment leading and participating in cross-functional teams with different engineering groups, program management, quality assurance and operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, propose and implement world-class technology and best practice manufacturing methods to improve and maintain Tekfor competitiveness and innovation.
- Design Tekfor internal fixtures, tooling or machine assemblies utilizing CAD.
- Maintains good working relationship with vendors and external technical support to ensure Tekfor interests are maintained.
- Completes quote calculations: assess feasibility of manufacturability, determine value add process, cycle times, work holding costs and tool costs. Proposes design changes for manufacturability.
- Works closely with the Program Manager as a primary member of APQP launch team to implement new products into mass production per standards established in quote calculation, on time and within budget.
- Conducts organized manufacturing tests to optimize machine settings, tool selection and tool performance. Analyses test results and implements solutions accordingly. Publishes/documents findings.
- Coordinate internal process changes to minimize production disruption.
- Supports machining production as required with technical/troubleshooting expertise.
- Collaborate with automation engineers in the safe operational implementation and integration of automation.
- Support 8D resolution of all findings related to value add processing.
- Creates clear machine and process documentation including setup sheets and relevant work instructions.
- Communicate design/process details with customer as required, including VAVE, launch reviews or similar technical meetings.
- Read and understand complicated technical prints and automotive specifications, including expert knowledge of GD&T.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Plant-wide financial incentive program paid out quarterly.
- Excellent medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vision – after 30 days of employment
- 401K with immediate company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
Tekfor USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply here:
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – Careers At Tekfor Inc (hrmdirect.com)